Remote Crew Scheduler
The Remote Crew Scheduler reports to the Senior Director, Remote Operations and is responsible for organizing, negotiating and booking the freelance staffing needs for the 850 remote productions the Pac-12 Networks will televise. The position is based in the Pac-12 Network Studio/Offices located in San Francisco.
- Coordinates staffing needs for 850 remote and over 200 studio productions, the crew scheduling group will hire as many as 25,000 freelance hires over the course of the season
- Work with Producers, Directors and Unit Managers to assess and evaluate crews both before and after productions
- Negotiates rates, hires and coordinates all freelance personnel to support on time, on budget, quality coverage of all remote and studio productions for the Pac-12 Networks.
- Utilizing Pac-12 Networks' scheduling software, will provide Production Managers with detailed crew assignments, individual crew rates, days scheduled, etc. for each individual event production
- Keep an updated list of all active and potential freelancers including contact information and skills
- Supplies each freelance hire with all associated documentation (LOA, 1-9, On-boarding, T&E Policies, etc.) paperwork
- Work very closely with Production Managers, Production Coordinators, Coordinating Producers and Travel coordinators while ensuring that each and every production is staffed with the highest level of quality personnel within the budget
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of 2 years of prior work experience in sports remote event crewing/scheduling
- Good knowledge of sports remote engineering technical positions
- Previous remote sports production scheduling experience required
- Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated and have the ability to comprehend the extensive production operations and schedules.
- Organization and time management skills are essential to ensure staffing needs are fulfilled and on budget
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills as they deal with various levels of management, freelance hires and outside crewing companies every day
- Strong phone skills are required
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with changing deadlines
- Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Calendar) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have a friendly demeanor as the position requires someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about Pac-12 and Collegiate Sports
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days during peak season
- Must be able to travel for special events