UX Design Manager
The UX Design Manager drives user experience and design for Pac-12’s digital fan experiences across mobile, desktop, email, and connected devices. The ideal candidate is a UX leader who will run a small (and awesome!) team, including the opportunity to hire an additional designer. As the principal voice for user experience across the organization, you will have a major impact in shaping this game-changing sports media company.
- Lead Product Design for Pac-12's web, mobile, email, and any future consumer experiences.
- Create innovative designs that delight fans and drive key product metrics; measure, test, and iterate.
- Manage Product Design staff, priorities, tools, and team goals.
- Lead user research efforts using a mix of qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Partner with product managers and analysts to track and measure performance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Digital Business & Products.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years designing digital products for a variety of platforms.
- 2+ years managing and mentoring designers.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritize and manage multiple design projects across products.
- Success designing for interactive, content-rich digital experiences.
- Experience using a variety of research and testing methodologies to inform product design.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, or comparable tools to communicate and document your designs.
- Familiarity with how front-end and mobile technologies impact design, and industry best practices e.g. Google’s Material Design and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
- Interest in and knowledge of college sports (desired but not required).
What success looks like:
- You and your team’s design ideas and executions contribute to product and feature success, most often measured by video viewership and fan engagement.
- Your team is deeply involved throughout the product development process, from concepts and wireframing to research and experimentation to pre- and post-launch design QA.
- You support your team in continual learning and development.