Financial Analyst - Fixed Term
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Temporary Financial Analyst is a key member of the finance team. Provide support for planning, preparing, and monitoring department and organizational budgets and monthly and ad hoc financial reporting. Provide support for financial systems maintenance as needed. Provide back-up support to cost center budget maintenance, as needed.
- Provide support to FP&A and Senior Analysts on financial systems and accounting and on ad-hoc basis to users, as needed.
- Assist FP&A and Senior Analysts with budget support, including the revision of budgets as warranted.
- Analyze the budget and report on variances.
- Assist with implementation of processes for budget management and financial reporting.
- Develop queries and reports using Oracle data.
- Provide support for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting, including on annual planning or budgeting data.
- Carry out other related assignments and projects that may arise.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America’s mission and goals.
- S/he will be able to manage multiple assignments and occasionally competing priorities.
- S/he will be able to work effectively across a complex, highly matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Two to three years of relevant financial management experience, preferably including some nonprofit experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, with excellent skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills, including preparation and monitoring of plans and budgets.
- Excellent analytic, writing, and oral skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Familiarity with Oracle financial systems.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.