Medical Technologist I (Part Time/Nights)
Overlake Medical Center Laboratory is currently seeking a Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist with a primary focus on pre-transfusion testing in the blood bank, with a secondary opportunity to perform testing in the core lab. The person in this role is responsible for performing and evaluating laboratory tests, establish and modify laboratory procedures, evaluating laboratory data for quality and accuracy and, for performing related tasks for diagnostic testing including but not limited to inventory, specimen collection, quality control, quality assurance, training, proficiency testing, reagent/instrument preparation, problem solving, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Provide oversight to work of the MLT employees.
Part Time - Night Shift 7 on / 7 off
0.875 FTE - 70 hours per pay period
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO plan
- Medical, dental, vision
- 3-part retirement plan with matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended Illness banked hours
- FREE PARKING
- FREE ORCA Pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
We offer employment opportunities with excellent benefits. We give our professionals the support and freedom they need to achieve an enviable work-life balance. We promote a patient centered team based approach to our care delivery ensuring that all staff members are working to their full potential.
Working part of a close knit diverse community provides choices and prospects for professional growth. We offer tuition reimbursement, professional development classes, training programs and internal transfer opportunities to advance your career path of choice.
MT: requires one of the following three educational backgrounds:
- Route 1: Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Mathematics, and either the successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technologist program or, prior to 2005, an ASCP-accredited Medical Technologist program. One of the following certifications is required within six months of start date: American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) - Medical technologist (MT), or American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), or National Credentialing Agency (NCA) Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS).
- Route 2: Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Mathematics plus 2 years of full-time clinical laboratory experience, and ASCP-MT, ASCP-MLS, or NCA-CLS certification.
- Route 3: Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or Mathematics, plus 4 years of full-time clinical laboratory experience with at least 4 months in each of the normal clinical laboratory disciplines (chemistry, hematology, immunology,, and microbiology, and ASCP-MT, ASCP-MLS, or NCA-CLS certification.
ASCP-MT, ASCP-MLS, or NCA-CLS certification is required prior to start date, unless hired under Route 1, in which case is required within six months of start date. Minimum of one year experience in a hospital-based lab as a generalist or microbiologist (depending upon the skill set needed at time of hire) is preferred.
MLT: Associate's degree from a community college in Medical Laboratory Science required. 90 quarter hours/60 semester hours credit military program in Medical Laboratory Science also acceptable. NAACS accredited MLT program preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred. Also requires one of the following certifications within six months of hire date: ASCP MLT, American Association of Bioanalysts - with Bachelor Degree in Science and MLT certification, or NCA CLT. Minimum of 1 year experience in a hospital-based lab is preferred.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Please apply on-line today
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer