Microbiology Lab Supervisor
Integrity Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
Overlake Hospital Medical Center is currently seeking a Laboratory Section Supervisor - MICROBIOLOGY. This is a working supervisor position with time split between oversight responsibilities for testing the areas of routine microbiology, virology, molecular testing, mycology and parasitology while also playing an integral role in the Infection Control Committee and infection prevention measures throughout the organization.
This position initiates new technologies, validates new tests, manages new software implementations and instrument updates or replacements as needed. Ensuring the quality and integrity of the testing system output is the primary responsibility in terms of technical oversight. The supervisor prepares the operations and capital budgets for the departments that they oversee. Supervisor is responsible for contract monitoring including maintenance agreements. The section supervisor is also responsible for assessing the competency of all testing personnel in the microbiology laboratory and must do so within the structure of the required (6) elements of competency determination as required by CAP/ CLSI.
- Leadership incentive plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 3 part retirement plan with matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology required.
- Requires one of the following certifications: American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) - Medical Technologist (MT) or National Certification Agency (NCA) - Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), or Health Education and Welfare - Clinical Laboratory Technologist (CLT)
- Five (5) years laboratory experience required.
- One year supervisory or lead experience preferred
- Experience in Hospital Based Setting
- Experience with laboratory computer systems including using interfaced instruments
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical, operational and personnel problems
Overlake Medical Center is an independent 349-bed, nonprofit regional medical center offering a full range of advanced medical services to the Puget Sound Region - located just east of SEATTLE, WA. Led by a volunteer Board of Directors, we employ just over 2,800 people and have more than 1,000 active and courtesy physicians on staff.
Overlake is known for providing award-winning, compassionate and patient-centered care. Our commitment to maintaining the highest standards in medical care is a major reason our patients and their families choose Overlake. It is also the reason why we've received many awards and recognitions both regionally and nationally.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer