Manager of Infection Prevention
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics currently seeking a Manager to monitor and maintain an organized and effective program for Infection Prevention and Control in Overlake Medical Center and Clinics.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred. Masters preferred.
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Washington preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in Infection Prevention and Control in an acute care hospital setting.
- Two (2) years of management/leadership experience required. Three (3) - five (5) years of leadership experience preferred.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region. We've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
- Provide leadership for Infection Control. Staff management, HR functions and budget management.
- Develops and operationalizes the Infection Prevention Program's annual risk assessment, annual plans and annual evaluations.
- Identifies and implements updates to the Infection Prevention Program when new regulations and/or professional guidelines are published. Provides expert consultation while working collaboratively with department managers, directors, and administration to evaluate and implement facility-wide environmental safety as it relates to infection prevention, sanitation and aseptic practices.
- Designs, implements and oversees an infection surveillance program that effectively identifies, controls and abates infectious disease outbreaks, clusters and unusual occurrences of infections.
- Provides expert consultation for infection prevention and oversight of the New Employee Orientation.
- Promote the development and growth of a safety culture in the organization; supports the Journey to Zero harm for staff and patients through reduction of staff injuries and patient infections.
- Leadership Incentive Program
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2-part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer