Respiratory Care Practitioner (Per Diem)
Responsible for providing respiratory assessment, support, treatment, or diagnostic tests for critical care, floor care, emergency room or outpatients as needed. The position also includes responsibility for learning and performing any appropriate segments of department function that may be delegated by the supervisor.
Per Diem - Variable Shifts
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care School with an AS or BS degree required. (Exception: A BS/A or higher degree and meeting the requisite courses as outlined by the NBRC to challenge the test and become CRT would also be acceptable if applicant was successful in obtaining a license to practice RC in Washington and had a CRT from the NBRC).
- Must be a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Licensed with the state of Washington Department of Health (credentials in good standing) as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (LR) required. New graduates of approved Respiratory Care programs can work for the first 3 months with a "Respiratory Care Practitioner Temporary Permit" issued by the Washington State Department of Health.
- CPR certification HCP (health Care Provider Course only acceptable) must be current and maintained every 2 years.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified by the American Heart Association within 6 months of taking position.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certified by the American Heart Association within 6 months of taking position.
- Acute care experience preferred.
- Certified to draw ABG's at OHMC (written and observation testing). The DX specialist is in charge of certifying the RCP for drawn ABG's.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer