Chaplain, Per Diem
The Chaplain is responsible for the coordination and execution of pastoral care services for Overlake Medical Center. Includes providing pastoral care, counseling and emotional support to patients, families and staff experiencing grief, new diagnosis of illness, emotional distress and other spiritual needs. Conducts spiritual assessments, provides appropriate interventions and follow up, and documents all in EMR. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with other hospital departments in order to gather and exchange information regarding patients' emotional and spiritual needs, and to coordinate pastoral visits. Assists patients and family members regarding ethical decisions surrounding emergencies or potential death. Provides or arranges for religious services or rituals that need to be performed (ie baptisms, communion, memorial services, weddings, etc) Assists with facilitation of the Grief and Bereavement Program. Serves as a spiritual resource to patients, visitors, staff, volunteers, and physicians.
- Masters of Divinity or Theology and Ministry or its equivalent from an accredited college, university or seminary is required.
- Ordination in or endorsement by recognized denomination preferred.
- One year of ministry experience in a health care setting required.
- Minimum of one quarter of supervised pastoral care and clinical training by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Windows based applications.
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more