Responsible for the accounting and treasury functions of Overlake Hospital Association and its affiliates including the preparation of accurate financial statements and timely reporting of financial information to internal and external users, tax reporting to state and federal agencies, and cash management.
Some responsibilities include:
- Plan and integrate functions and services to support OMC’s goals and priorities
- Build effective working relationships throughout the organization with managers, staff, physicians, customers and suppliers.
- Provide leadership for effective service:
- Select qualified and competent employees; provide orientation and continuing education and development.
- Communicate OMC vision and priorities and facilitate development of team and individual goals in alignment with organization goals.
- Establish performance expectations and provide coaching to achieve positive results. Recognize effective performance, and address performance needing improvement in an honest and timely manner.
- Empower staff to make decisions by providing information and tools.
- Serve as an effective role model of OMC’s Shared Values and encourage staff to develop and demonstrate those values.
- Manage organizational resources with fiscal responsibility and promote effective allocation and utilization.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum of ten years accounting experience required. Minimum of five years supervisory experience also required. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point required. Strong verbal and written communication skills required to communicate with all levels within the organization from Board members, Executives, Directors, Managers, and staff. Strong leadership skills and ability to work well in problem solving groups required.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer