Perinatal Secretary/Health Unit Coordinator- Neonatal ICU/Special Care Nursery- Per Diem, 8-Hour Variable Shifts
Overlake Medical Center is currently seeking a Perinatal Secretary/Health Unit Coordinator for our Neonatal ICU/Specialty Care Nursery Unit. The person in this role will provide secretarial support, medical record abstracting, and all processes associated with Birth Certificates, as well as perform Health Unit Coordinator duties as a part of the role. Must have experience as a Health Unit Coordinator or possess similar skills.
This is a per diem, 8-hour, variable shift position.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer a year or more of secretarial or similar position, requiring judgment and responsibility ideally in a healthcare setting.
- Must have the ability to handle a wide variety of functions simultaneously with many interruptions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Competitive compensation package
- Retirement plan
- Employee Assistance program
- MetLife Group Auto and Homeowner's Insurance program
- Employee Health program
- Hospital discounts
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free parking
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Computer discounts
- Discounted gym memberships
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer