Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Full Time, Day & Evening Shift Communications Operator to join our team! The Communications Operator will answer, route, and process all incoming and outgoing phone calls for the Overlake Hospital Medical Center switchboard. Monitor, dispatch and activate all Emergency Codes, Alarms, and Security Cameras for both the Hospital and the Overlake Clinics. Provide excellent customer service while providing fast, efficient and accurate receiving, dispatching, and processing of calls, alarms and messages.
Full time - Rotating Day and Evening Shift
3-11.5 hour shifts & 1-5.5 hour shift per week.
Every Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer previous switchboard, or multi-line phones or answering service experience. Medical terminology is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and distinctly in a moderate tone of voice. Computer and keyboard proficient. Ability to type 40 WPM with less than 5 errors in a 5 minute period. Ability to understand and carry out oral & written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
- Working Conditions: Use headset 100% of time; ability to sit or stand to perform job duties
- Physical Requirements: Required to perform keyboard entries on a computer terminal for all incoming phone calls. Performs physical activities of “Reaching & Handling/Grasping” 1-33% of time. Must sit during performance of duties 67-100% of time. Environmental conditions are 100% inside. Most lifting is less than 5 pounds.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer