Security Officer (Per Diem)
SECURITY OFFICER - OVERLAKE MEDICAL CENTER
Integrity Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
ON CALL / PER DIEM - VARIED SHIFTS
This position helps maintain a safe and secure environment for Overlake Medical Center staff, patients and visitors. Officers must quickly and independently assess rapidly evolving events and determine appropriate interventions. They must effectively coordinate efforts with others, both within and outside the security department, to assure acceptable outcomes. Officers must adapt to rapidly changing and sometimes conflicting priorities while maintaining customer satisfaction. Provide a full spectrum of security services to a diverse customer base. Duties include: Interaction with the public answering questions, giving directions and responding to concerns as needed. Patrol of facility campus and related off campus locations as needed; maintaining high visibility in a manner that reflects well on the department and organization overall. Use of computer based systems for surveillance, access control and documentation. Respond to all emergency requests for assistance including fire, hazardous materials spills, criminal activity, emotional and psychiatric disturbances. Ability to use verbal de-escalation techniques or minimum force possible to contain out of control persons. Candidates must have customer service skills and be computer literate. Candidates should be able to run and be physically able to intervene if necessary in emergency situations. Must be available for all shifts.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Washington State Driver's license required, no criminal violations.
- State of Washington BLS certification required.
- Certification as a Basic Healthcare Security Officer required through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) required within one year of employment.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) course and certification also required within six months of employment.
- One (1) year in a customer service role preferred.
- One (1) year healthcare security preferred.
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer