Radiation Therapist Per Diem
Radiation Therapist - Per Diem
The Radiation Therapist is a member of the Radiation Oncology team who, under general supervision, provides radiation therapy to patients utilizing a variety of radiation therapy equipment and specialized procedures. Their role will include:
- Accurately deliver the prescribed and planned course of radiation treatment to the patient, including verification of treatment and treatment dose, patient positioning and monitoring, imaging, and treatment delivery.
- Maintains complete and accurate record of treatments delivered, including appropriate documentation of daily treatments and changes or barriers encountered. Any deviation from prescribed treatment is reported and documented in accordance with department policy.
- Provides education to patients in regard to their treatment.
- Assesses patients for unusual physical and/or psychological reactions to treatment or disease.
- Documents and refers to nurse or physician as needed.
- Maintains daily schedule in a manner that maximizes patient satisfaction and smooth patient flow through the department.
- Communicates with patients in a timely manner regarding any delay or wait time.
- Adheres to all departmental and radiation safety policies and procedures, ensuring the safety of patients, visitors and staff at all times.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new staff.
- Actively participates in the education of radiation therapy students.
- Performs and records daily quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Completes proper documentation to ensure accurate patient charging.
- Maintains equipment and monitors supply levels in assigned area.
- Reports any problems or supply needs to appropriate person.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff throughout the department. Promotes a positive work environment
Additional Functions: Ensures that assigned work area meets hospital and department standards of safety and professional appearance. Proactively identifies and addresses maintenance and facility issues as needed. Other duties as assigned by Manager or Lead Therapist
- Washington State License as a Radiologic Technologist
- ARRT Licensure eligible upon hire
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduation from a formal radiation therapy program in an AMA approved school also required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Completion of an approved course in Radiation Therapy Technology, resulting in certification or eligibility for ARRT certification in Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Six months previous radiation therapy experience preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical and technical competence in radiation therapy.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer