Supervisor - Laboratory Support Services
Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Supervisor of Lab Support Services to join our team! The person in this role is responsible for supervising the laboratory support services personnel. Implements and executes overall goals set in the laboratory in conjunction with the Lab Director and Medical Director. Provides strong leadership and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure delivery of Medical Excellence to our physicians and their patients.
- Oversees the support services staff and the associated operations in the clinical laboratory. Plans and integrates functions and services to support Overlake’s goals and priorities. Participates in the planning, implementing, evaluating, and expansion of services to grow the business.
- Provides ongoing support to the Point of Care (POC) coordinator and POC activities throughout Overlake Hospital Medical Center and Clinics.
- Provides leadership coverage for Lab Director and Testing Supervisor
- Builds effective working relationships throughout the organization with staff, physicians, customers, managers, suppliers and reference laboratories. Represents lab department by participating and supporting team projects and initiatives-inside and outside of the department
- Provides leadership for effective service:
- Selects qualified and competent employees in building the team in conjunction with the supervisory team.
- Communicates Overlake Hospital’s mission, vision, values and priorities and facilitates development of team and individual goals in alignment with the organization’s goals.
Full Time - Day Shift
- Leadership Incentive Plan
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters a plus.
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) - Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), or National Certification Agency (NCA) - Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) Required.
- Five years’ laboratory support experience required.
- One year supervisory or lead experience preferred
- Experience with laboratory computer systems including using interfaced instruments
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical, operational and personnel problems
- Detail-oriented and ability to see and think globally at the same time
- Effective organizational skills and communication skills for all age group
- Demonstrated history of increasing responsibility and reliable attendance
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer