Senior Benefits and Retirement Specialist
The Senior Benefits/Retirement Specialist is responsible for the coordination and administration of all benefit and retirement plans for the organization. Serves as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for employees as it relates to benefit and retirement questions/issues. Works closely with benefit and retirement vendors and ensures good working relationships. Coordinates annual Open Enrollment, annual retirement audit and quarterly retirement meetings. Processes benefit/retirement changes, prepares reports, and reconciles billing. Partners with manager in seeking out and developing benefit programs which will attract and retain outstanding employees and position Overlake as an employer of choice in the community
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Human Resources including experience in employee benefit/insurance administration required.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated diplomacy and professional demeanor, including the ability to present a positive public relations image and the ability to relate to a diversity of people. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality. Demonstrated ability to function effectively and professionally in difficult and/or conflict situations. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Good stand-up presentation skills. Self-starter and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Organized, analytical and detail-oriented. Skilled in using all Microsoft Office Software. Demonstrated experience using HRIS. Strong knowledge of employment/labor laws pertaining to Human Resources, benefits and retirement. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free ORCA pass
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Working for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is a little different in a really good way. We are an independent award winning hospital. Overlake is big enough to be a leader but small enough to flexible and nimble in our ever-changing field. Here there is a culture of connectivity. You meet with your managers face-to-face. The executive leadership team is onsite and connected to the day-to-day of the organization. Culture is a big focus and you can tell by how welcoming everyone is and all the smiles you see.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an equal opportunity employer