Patient Account Representative
Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Patient Account Representative to join our Team! The person in this role will promptly file hospital inpatient and outpatient claims with payers, following up in a timely and efficient manner, to ensure maximum reimbursement is received for services provided. To assist the public in obtaining full benefits from their coverage and in understanding billing procedures, always maintaining good public relations.
Full Time - Day Shift
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High school diploma or GED. Graduation from a recognized medical billing program desirable.
- Two years prior experience in a hospital business office preferred. Insurance billing and follow up experience will substitute for collection experience.
- Medical billing terminology and knowledge of insurance payers desirable. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer