Medical Records Tech
Responsible to provide support to the Health Information Management (HIM) department by responding to telephone, staff, or physician requests. Responsible to analyze discharged patient records. Ensures the completion of charts in a timely manner. Assists in the provider record completion process, making records available to providers for completion, calling and faxing reminders, and customer service to assist and train providers. Responsible for preparing loose reports for scanning. Performs quality control and audits for electronic health record (EHR). Locates and produces records for government audits such as Recovery Audit Contractors. Produces hospital and HIM statistics. Supports transcription access, training and processing. Able to complete all functions of Medical Record Technician 1 when needed. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Full Time - Evening Shift
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School or equivalent required; Associates of Arts degree in Health Information preferred. Medical terminology training preferred.
- Registered Health Information Technician or eligible to sit for the exam preferred.
- Six months prior medical record experience required.
- Knowledge of terminal digit filing system required. Demonstrated verbal communication and customer service skills. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Computer proficiency preferred.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer