Patient Services Representative, Outpatient Behavioral Health- Part-time
Overlake Medical Clinics is currently seeking an experienced 0.6 FTE PART TIME. Patient Services Representative for our OUTPATIENT PSYCHIATRY CLINIC. Primary responsibilities include patient registration, scheduling appointments, answering phones, distribution of records through EPIC (the EMR system) and executing duties in a manner that provides excellent customer service for the patient experience.
Integrity Compassion Agility Respect Engagement
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA www.orcacard.com)
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors preferred.
- Formal training in medical terminology, hospital finance and customer relations is preferred.
- Previous admission/registration experience or previous physician office, hospital, or other frontline customer contact service in a fast paced, high volume business setting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interview, educate and advise patients of hospital policies and the professionalism to positively interact with other Overlake personnel are required.
- Outstanding professionalism, poise and tact in appearance, manner and personality.
- Knowledge of the financial requirements of insurances, HMO and PPO organizations and state and federal programs.
- Ability to type 50 WPM and use 10-key accurately.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital processes required.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer