Helicopter Pilot (First Officer)
ROTOR WING FIRST OFFICER
Reference #: 2022-318
Strong. Proud. Uplifting.
At Ornge, we believe that ordinary people can do extraordinary things.
Each day, we connect communities with critical care across Ontario, Canada. In the air and by land, our teams deliver equity in emergency response, uplifting the lives of those in our care.
We’re excited to onboard individuals who bring energy, enthusiasm, and professionalism to our growing group of difference-makers and life-changers.
Discover Ontario, Canada, and an exciting career with Ornge.
Position Available:Rotor Wing First Officer
Position Status:Permanent; Full-Time
Reporting To:Chief Pilot
Compensation:AS PER COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Salary range: $73,365.62 to $80,569.72 per annum
Benefits: Comprehensive group benefits package
One of Ontario’s strongest Defined Contribution Pension Plan’s with Employer matching contribution of 126%
Rotor Wing Pilots are responsible for all aspects of aircraft operation, must be able to fly in varying conditions, handle pressure well and be flexible and adaptable. Ornge aircraft are province wide resources and aviation personnel may be required to provide flight support at bases other than the home base where demand arises. All Ornge pilots are required to complete the company’s training program and successfully pass a Transport Canada PPC. They are responsible for following all applicable policies and Standard Operating Procedures. The Second-in-Command (SIC) assists the Pilot-in-Command with the flight planning and Aircraft preparation as directed by the Pilot-in-Command. They are responsible to the Pilot-in-Command for carrying out specific duties in connection with the operation of the aircraft to which they are assigned.
- Valid commercial Rotary-wing (H) License;
- 500 Rotary-wing hours;
- Completed ATPL Exams;
- Valid Group 4 Instrument Rating;
- Night Rating;
- Valid Class 1 Medical;
- An AW-139 Type Rating and EMS experience is desirable;
- Ability to successfully complete the Controlled Goods Security Assessment Application for Night Vision Goggle purposes;
- Valid Canadian Passport or ability to work in Canada and ability to travel to the USA; and
- Immunization records with required vaccinations.
Hours and Location of Work:
- Pilots are required to work various shifts and overtime, including day and night shifts and weekends in a 24/7 environment, including days, afternoons and nights on weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays;
- During the course of their shift duties, Pilots will be required to overnight away from their home base;
- Successful candidates must live or be willing to relocate within close proximity to the assigned base location, and reside or have a location that permits compliance with the CARs rest requirements between shifts and allows arrival at their assigned base within one and one half hour of callout when on an on-call shift; and
- Employees may be required to use respiratory protective equipment and they shall co-operate in attaining an effective fit of the equipment and in particular, be clean shaven to ensure an effective facial seal to provide for the health and safety of all employees.
At Ornge, we are:
- Community connectors
- Equity in healthcare
- Strong in our convictions
- Proud of the services we provide
- Uplifting in our mission, values, and services
You can expect us to be:
- Promoters of diversity
- Champions of inclusion and accessibility
- Committed to your career advancement
- A tight-knit culture
- Competitive in pay, benefits, vacation time, and more
A bit about you:
- You’re driven by the desire to make a difference
- Excited by problem solving, you excel at in-the-moment decision making
- Teamwork has always been where you thrive
- You’re ready to put your skills into action in a fast-paced environment
- If you’re ready to uplift lives, we invite you to apply on-line.
- Your resume will be reviewed and only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at 647-428-2005 and request the HR Department to provide your contact information. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. A Human Resources representative with contact you within 48 hours.
Are you ready to pursue a career that has a profound impact on communities across Ontario, Canada? Join us.
Ornge. Lives uplifted.