The Sales Associate will coordinate several areas of conference sales from conception to post-event reconciliation, including assisting Sales Managers with pre-event sponsor logistics, and onsite sponsor and exhibitor registration. This position requires ongoing travel to events, and post-event reconciliation of sponsor and exhibitor issues. The position is located at our Sebastopol, CA headquarters office.
- Coordinate paid sponsor and exhibitor logistics, including pre-event show memos, conference passes, and sponsor contracts. Collaborate with the Sales Manager(s) and Conference VP as appropriate.
- Act as Conference liaison with sponsors around their physical presence at our events, including all print and digital assets.
- Act as Conference liaison with O’Reilly departments, to deliver on video interviews, OLC’s/Webcasts, Real-Time Books, and conference events.
- Manage onsite sponsor registration process for sponsors and exhibitors, including (as needed) training of onsite registration staff, resolving issues efficiently and keeping appropriate team members posted on status.
- Miscellaneous sales support: handle post-event reconciliation of sponsor, exhibitor issues, and expenses for event budgets, execute sponsor email blasts, maintain sales print collateral archive, and related tasks.
- Liaise with marketing for the production of all printed sales.
- Excellent project organization skills, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment, provide and accept feedback in a professional manner, and support team workers to achieve common goals
- Strong computer skills, experience with business software (Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- Familiarity with the Internet and related tools and protocols such as web documents, email, and IM
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities; maintain flexibility to allow for last minute changes.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in associate to mid-level sales or customer service role.
- The ability to travel about 20% annually.
Physical Requirements: (with or without accommodation):
- Ability to sit and use a computer keyboard for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to talk on the telephone frequently and for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
O'Reilly Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.