Director of Revenue Accounting
This senior, high visibility position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate recognition of revenue for the global corporation with $100M+ of annual revenues. Reporting directly to the CFO, success in this position will require managing the existing high-performing revenue team, act as the process owner for revenue recognition and provide leadership in scaling our systems and processes as our business grows. It will also include interacting with executives, sales, legal, customer service and support and accounting personnel throughout the corporation in negotiating contracts with customers, forecasting the contracted revenue and ensuring their timely and accurate recognition.
- Responsible for leading accounting, reporting and compliance functions for all revenue operations
Partner with FP&A, sales operations and account managers to provide weekly revenue forecasts
- Manage the revenue close process and requirements for multiple revenue streams, ensuring revenue and related deferred revenue are recognized in accordance with US GAAP and comply with the Company's revenue recognition policies
- Work closely with sales management and legal to drive the review and evaluation of deal structures to ensure the company's standard terms and conditions include revenue-recognition appropriate language
- Partner with sales management and sales operations to provide necessary training support for our sales organization and operations regarding revenue recognition matters
- Continuously use and implement new processes and procedures that utilize technology, build efficiencies, reduce duplication, and streamline work flows
- Manage the preparation of client deliverables for the company's annual audits
- Inspire and mentor a team of 4-5 revenue recognition professionals in positive environment.
- Participate in special projects and other assignments as required
- 8-12 years revenue accounting management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Revenue Recognition guidance and in-depth understanding of software as a service revenue recognition model
- Experience with automated revenue recognition modules/tools such as RevPro strongly desired.
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to think strategically and also act operationally. Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Process owner responsibilities for policy and procedures and internal controls over revenue recognition processes
- Experience with ERP systems and SFDC required. NetSuite experience desired.
- Strong project management skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond quickly within a rapidly changing environment
- Energetic with a very positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related discipline preferred
- CPA and public accounting background preferred