Technical Lead, Back-end
Technical Lead, Backend Platform
ON24 is the global leader in webinar-based marketing solutions that drive demand generation and customer engagement. Its patented cloud-based platform features interactive and immersive user interface and industry-leading webinar analytics for events, campaigns and benchmarking. Providing one-click access from any computer or mobile device, ON24’s award-winning solutions are integrated with leading CRM and marketing automation platforms, enabling marketers to optimize demand generation, enhance lead qualification and accelerate opportunities in their sales pipelines.
As a technical lead, you will be owning the architecture and technology roadmap for some of our most visible products. These products get >2 million monthly hits. You will be a part of a young and agile team working across multiple timezones.
- Own the design and architecture of multiple projects to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Own the technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to developers
- Establish development practices to improve software quality and pace of development
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Evangelize and advocate for better technologies and tools
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible
- Deep understanding of technology landscape for microservices and containerization architectures
- Experience building SaaS-based web application using Java Enterprise technology stack
- 4+ years of experience in a technical leadership position.
- Proven track record in leading migration effort towards microservices architecture
- Experience building highly scalable web application using caching solutions like Oracle coherence, EH cache
- Experience designing software solutions for hybrid data center environments (cloud and on-premise deployment)
- Experience working with Azure or AWS’s cloud offering
- Discipline to document ideas and code in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor and train developers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent