Sr. Revenue Accountant
The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring the integrity of world-wide revenue by providing technical expertise, business sense, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The Senior Revenue Accountant has responsibility for all day-to-day activities in the revenue process including contract review for compliance with ON24’s revenue policy.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices, and is detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and be hands-on.
Where you can make an impact:
- Review customer arrangements and external communications for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliation and analyses of revenue, deferred revenue and contract assets.
- Recommend efficiency and effectiveness improvements as appropriate.
- Responsible for global Standalone Selling Price compliance.
- Be a key part of the annual audit with external auditors and the overall accounting team
- Assist with Company's initiative for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance by maintaining required documentation and coordinating the testing of Revenue cycle.
- Software revenue recognition experience required.
- 4-5 years professional experience, including at least 1 year of industry experience in revenue recognition with company subject to ASC 606.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is strongly desired.
- Practical knowledge of general accounting practices.
- Experience with revenue recognition automation software, such as RevPro, is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with Netsuite.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation.
- Efficient and creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Communicative: Candidate will take an "open source" attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of “the devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.