Human Resource Generalist (Contractor to Hire)
The Human Resource Generalist as a member of the Human Resources team leads the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including onboarding, providing daily HR support, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Coordinates all on-boarding functions for new hires, including, but not limited to issuing offer letters, initiating background checks and new hire paperwork.
- Conducts new hire orientations.
- Maintain employee information in HRIS (ADP).
- Maintain Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist Recruiting as needed with sourcing, interviewing & scheduling
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 – 7 years of human resource experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow – through.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, and follow up on projects and issues
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems. ADP experience is a plus