Senior Media Streaming Engineer
ON24 is currently seeking a senior software engineer to help build and manage our growing HTTP media streaming infrastructure. As a senior engineer, you will be working to build high quality, low latency media streaming infrastructure to power ON24 webinars. T
his position will play a critical role in driving forward looking innovation, security and developing efficient applications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and critical thinking skills and have substantial experience working with 3rd party applications and complex systems architectures.
What you will be doing:
- Help design and develop media streaming applications using Wowza Media Streaming server
- Evangelize new scalable solution to allow for broadcast-level media streaming
- Work with the web application team to integrate new streaming solutions.
- Help design and develop elastic VOD media transcoding pipeline
- S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc
- Experience in developing for media streaming servers. Experience using Wowza Media Streaming Server is a big plus.
- Experience building media transcoding pipelines for VOD.
- Experience in developing/deploying streaming infrastructure on cloud services
- Understanding of CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
- Hands on programming experience in Java
- Experience working with Closed Captioning standards, DRM and related technologies
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.