Systems Engineer – Video and Media Systems
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visithttps://www.on24.com.
ON24 is looking for a responsible, technical, forward-thinking individual to fill our Systems Engineer, Video and Media systems position. This role will have an impact on video and audio collaboration systems by helping with focus on availability, scale and performance. This role will work with multiple departments to successfully design and operate these systems. They will help troubleshoot and solve problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Design, troubleshoot and maintain ON24’s video and media systems in ON24's Production environments.
- Responsible for building large-scale bi-directional audio/video conferencing solutions.
- Responsible for the system lifecycle from development to operations of our video and media systems.
- Ongoing support of our global SaaS platform and the video and media systems to ensure the best customer experience.
- Work and troubleshoot complex problems with internal teams, customers and vendors/ 3rd party providers.
- Work on internal projects that scale the environment, help implement best practices to improve reliability, and improve our overall methodology.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Define metrics and watch workloads.
- Develop automation, tools and monitoring to address operational issues.
- Help perform root cause analysis.
- On-call/off-hours work will occasionally be required.
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability for our SaaS platform.
- BS degree or equivalent with at least 5-7 years of previous System Administration / Systems Engineering or similar production environment is required.
- Minimum of 3 years on working and building video systems.
- Experience with Pexip Infinity, Cisco Meeting Server or equivalent is required.
- Working knowledge of Wowza Streaming Engine and Adobe Media Server is required.
- Experience in FreeSWITCH and Asterisk is preferred.
- Experience supporting key components of production systems in a global SaaS environment is required.
- Experience with virtualization – VMware and Azure/AWS/GCP is required.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server is required.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and networking frameworks is required.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components and troubleshooting networking issues. (Wireshark and analyzing pcaps and application captures)
- Knowledge of Streaming technologies like RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH is required.
- Knowledge of real time streaming protocols is required.
- Knowledge of SIP, WebRTC and H.323 is required.
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, PowerCLI, bash, and other scripting is required.
- Knowledge of monitoring, testing methodologies, performance tuning, and troubleshooting techniques are preferred.
- Experience with containerization, Terraform, Ansible or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience in the post-mortem process, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and lessons learned process is preferred.
- Experience with Check_MK, Nagios and/or other monitoring solutions is a plus.
- Have strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, influencing and contributing to product design. establishing requirements for manageability and operations, and ensuring it’s implemented.
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and work on simultaneous projects within the department.
- Have the ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Have the ability to practice patience and work with different teams and departments with different sets of priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented and an organized thinker who is goal-oriented with effective communication and customer service skills.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.#LI-TR