Unix/Linux Systems & Storage Administrator
We’re looking for an Intermediate to Senior Unix / Linux Systems & Storage Administrator to help lead the build-out and growth of our Physical and Cloud-based data centers and provide input into the overall architecture for our infrastructure and operations. You’ll be responsible for installing, supporting, securing and maintaining the server and storage infrastructure in our data centers as well as monitoring and troubleshooting of the operational environment.
We want folks who can hit the ground running, who love getting their hands dirty and have the ability to solve complex problems and situations. Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask are a must. In short, if you are looking for an opportunity to not only make a significant contribution in a growing company, but also be part of a sharpshooting sys admin team that will help you grow in this field, ON24 is the place for you.
- Solaris 10 on SPARC and RedHat / CentOS Linux on x64 blades (installation and configuration)
- AWS + Azure Experience
- Shell/Perl/Python scripts for automation and monitoring
- Veritas Storage Foundation HA / Veritas InfoScale
- Veritas NetBackup
- NFS Cluster
- SAN storage (Hitachi G400 / EMC / NetApp) and evaluation of new storage strategies.
- SAN switches (Brocade)
- WebLogic server
- Apache / Tomcat / NGINX
- DNS/ SMTP
- Blade server installation and configuration
- Server virtualization using VMWARE
- FTP / SFTP
- Samba Configuration
- Security of the infrastructure
- Change Management in a framework that keeps all parties involved and informed
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- 5 to 6 years of progressive Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Must have Storage Admin and AWS and/or Azure deployment experience.
- Proficiency with Solaris, Linux environments; ability to handle shell/Perl scripting tasks common in system management applications
- Experience with configuring WebLogic 12c and Oracle Coherence.
- Experience in a high availability data center environment
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be: detail oriented, an organized thinker and able to work in demanding conditions.
- Willing to handle trouble at night (although the stability of the environment means calls are rare)
- Willing to handle maintenance at times that are driven by the availability requirements (occasional weekend change implementation)
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Integrity, Creativity, Intellectual Curiosity, High Standards, Persistence, and Achievement oriented.
- Team player and self motivated.
- A strong willingness to learn new skills.
- BS degree or equivalent experience