Jr. Solutions Engineer - EMEA
The Solutions Engineer or “SE” is responsible for providing technical pre-sales support to customer & prospect facing representatives in the office and in the field. The goal of the SE is to provide all technical aspects required to win the opportunity. This position reports to our Vice President, Global Solutions Engineering and will be based in the ON24 office in London.
• Write technical responses to RFPs, RFIs, and prospect questionnaires. Handle online and face-to-face presentations as required.
• Backstop the Sales reps and provide supplemental in-depth product demonstrations for all ON24 products and services.
• Provide the initial point for enablement and training for sales representatives.
• Manage proof-of-concepts and provide training for prospects/clients evaluating the ON24 platform.
• Work with sales, client services, account management and the executive team to scope complex and strategic sales opportunities.
• Effectively gather prospect and customer technical requirements and communicate back to product development and engineering.
• Provide technical account management assistance to sales and account managers as needed to help up sell/cross-sell new products and services to existing clients.
• Provide guidance and oversight direct to the client on short-term service contracted deployments (aka Pilot Accounts) and associated webinar events.
• Plan, manage and execute platform and streaming tests for all aspects of the service with clients and prospects when needed.
• Assist with prototyping, platform interface design, and client event management work as required. Work closely with ON24’s Product, Engineering and Client Services organizations.
• Assist product development and engineering groups with product requirements definition, beta test programs, and other tasks as needed.
• 4+ years in pre-sales/solutions engineering.
• Technical Account Management/Sales Experience a plus.
• A BA/BS degree, or the equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Previous working knowledge of software-as-a-service (SaaS), CRM’s, Marketing Automation Systems a plus. Experience selling/supporting SaaS is highly desired.
• Familiarity with streaming media protocols, audio/video encoding applications, content delivery networks (CDNs), and signal acquisition methodologies, is a strong plus.
• Excellent at working with wide spectrum of clients and prospects: C-level executives, marketing managers, and IT professionals.
• Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Strong Internet and web technical skills.
• Conversant in network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, etc).