Senior Systems Engineer
ON24 is looking for a responsible, technical, forward-thinking individual to fill our Senior Systems Engineer, a full-time position at our San Francisco CA HQ office. The Senior Systems Engineer will work collaboratively with multiple departments to successfully deploy and operate our media systems and other production servers. The focus will be installing, configuring, designing, and troubleshooting technology problems related to streaming and production solutions on our global SaaS platform.
You will be responsible for helping automate and streamline our operations, processes and work on building and maintaining tools for release automation, deployment and monitoring. They will work with other IT staff members to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability to our production servers.
This position requires an individual who is detail-oriented, able to adapt under stressful conditions, can multitask and possesses solid technical, communication and customer service skills. ON24 runs in Agile development cycles so specifications and scope of projects can change quickly. Understanding and having a production-minded thought process is a requirement.
Are you ready to work with an exciting technology stack with an awesome team?
- Responsible for the full system lifecycle from scoping, design, development, operating and production of media and IT systems.
- Architect highly scalable, available media and production systems of varying complexity and scope.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment and support.
- Prioritize, multitask and work on simultaneous projects within IT.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the environment, implement best practices, and improve our methodology.
- Provide Tier 3 support and mentor other team members.
- Execute disciplined change control and documentation.
- On-call/off hours work is required at times due to required maintenance windows.
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability.
- BS degree or equivalent with 4-6 years of previous System Engineering or similar in a production environment is required.
- Advanced-level knowledge of systems and infrastructure design, administration, and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience owning a key component of a systems architecture in a production environment.
- Experience designing and implementing secure, scalable, highly available infrastructures both on premise and in AWS/Azure.
- Knowledge of scaling streaming media delivery and SaaS platforms.
- Experience with Wowza Streaming Engine and Adobe Media server implementation plus administration is required.
- Experience with PowerShell/PowerCLI and Shell is required.
- Experience with VMware hypervisor is required.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/R2, Server 2012/R2, Server 2016 is required.
- Experience creating solid documentation is required.
- Working experience with Linux, preferably RHEL/Centos is preferred.
- GPU technologies like Intel QuickSync and CUDA is preferred.
- Hardware Experience with Dell, HP and Cisco UCS is preferred.
- Storage Experience with EMC VNX, NIMBLE AF storage and other SAN arrays is a plus.
- Experience with Check_MK, Nagios, Munin and/or other monitoring solutions is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Patience and the ability to work with different teams and departments.
- Must be a detail-oriented and organized thinker who is goal-oriented with effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must be effective working with software development and Engineering to design, deploy and maintain our ON24 platform.