System Administrator, Streaming Systems
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visithttps://www.on24.com.
ON24 is looking for a responsible, technical, forward-thinking individual to fill our System Administrator position in the UK. The System Administrator will work with multiple departments to successfully build, deploy and operate our Production streaming systems. The focus will be installing, configuring, and troubleshooting technology problems related to production and platform systems that support our global SaaS platform. He / She will be responsible for helping automate and streamline our production operations, processes and work on building and maintaining tools for issue resolution, deployment, and monitoring in multiple environments. He / She will work with other IT staff members to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability. This position requires an individual who is detail-oriented, able to adapt under stressful conditions, can multitask and possesses solid technical, communication and customer service skills. Understanding and having a production-minded thought process is a requirement.
- Responsible for the system lifecycle from scoping, development, and operating production systems that run on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment.
- Ongoing support of our global SaaS platform to unsure best customer experience.
- Prioritize, multitask, and work on simultaneous projects within the department.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale our environment, help implement best practices, and improve our overall IT methodology.
- Provide escalation support for our production deployments from EMEA.
- On-call/off hours work will occasionally be required.
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability for our SaaS platform.
- BS degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of previous System Administration or similar in a production environment is required.
- Experience in supporting key components of production systems in a global SaaS environment is required.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components a plus.
- Experience in load and scaling workloads in a live platform is required.
- Experience with both Linux (preferably Centos 6-8) and Windows Server 2012/R2, Windows Server 2016 is required.
- Experience with VMware hypervisor is required.
- Experience with Pexip Infinity, Adobe Media Server, Wowza Streaming Engine FreeSWITCH and Asterisk is preferred
- Knowledge of Streaming technologies like RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH is required
- Experience with Bash, Python, Shell, PowerCLI, and PowerShell scripting is required.
- Hardware Experience with Dell, HP and Cisco UCS is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure, administration, and coding techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of monitoring, testing methodologies, performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques is preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure, scalable, highly available infrastructures both on premise and in cloud is a plus.
- Experience with automation like Ansible, Jenkins and GIT is preferred.
- Experience working with change control and IT policies is required.
- Experience with GPU technologies like CUDA is a plus.
- Experience with Check_MK, Nagios and/or other monitoring solutions is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Patience and the ability to work with different teams and departments.
- Must be a detail-oriented and organized thinker who is goal-oriented with effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work with Engineering to design, deploy and maintain our ON24 platform.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.#LI-TR