ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.JOB SUMMARY
As the Assistant Controller on ON24’s Corporate Accounting Team, you will partner with the Controller and the Accounting team to develop and execute on initiatives that will streamline, automate, and improve accuracy of the close process. In this role, you will drive process improvement for the close process, develop and maintain its internal control structure, and provide creative solutions to overcome operational challenges. The Assistant Controller will take the lead on all technical accounting, compliance, and financial reporting.
The ideal candidate is a highly driven, adaptable, results oriented individual who is able to work well in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a logical decision-maker who utilizes an analytical, detailed approach to researching and problem solving
• Work with the Controller and accounting team on accounting activities across the organization to ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC regulations, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and serve as primary contact with the external auditors on all aspects of the annual audits. Provide PBC items and address additional requests or questions.
• Develop, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures that will improve overall operations and reduce risks to the business.
• Manage and advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Manage the stock administrative function including the calculation of equity-based compensation expense in accordance with ASC 718, experience with ShareWorks software.
• Monitor and interpret FASB new pronouncements and assess applicability of FASB updates to the Company. Oversee the implementation of new accounting standards.
• Implement best practices over financial statement preparation and reporting, general ledger account reconciliations, and financial analysis.
• Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with the Company’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings.
• Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
• Ensure effective internal controls through evaluation and testing of processes and controls for compliance with SOX requirements.
• Monitor and analyze accounting department workflows to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources.
• Develop and execute roadmaps for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function.
• Assist with building a technical infrastructure and control environment to support the company’s growth and prepare the company for an IPO.
• Provide accounting expertise and support for potential strategic M&A transactions; from pre-acquisition due diligence through post-acquisition integration.
• Degree in Accounting, Big Eight accounting experience, CPA required
• 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• Experience with NetSuite desired
• Experience with public company SEC filings and Sarbanes Oxley
• Experience evolving processes, controls and systems to support a growth stage company
• Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness and prior S1 filing experience desired
• Demonstrated leadership in a high functioning accounting organization and track record of driving strong financial performance
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.