We are looking for an individual to help our senior Network Engineer in the support of our production SaaS-based webcasting service’s networking infrastructure. The ideal individual will be a strong technical contributor, a team player with strong communication skills, eager to learn new technologies and embrace new initiatives and have the troubleshooting skills and grace under pressure to handle urgent production issues.
ON24 is the largest provider of data-driven marketing webinar services on the Internet today. Our network environment includes a mix of transaction processing and media/stream distribution; a variety of challenging network conditions. The entire configuration is deeply redundant, designed and operated for 100% uptime. We operate two data centers providing instantaneous failover of processing; a fully meshed network carrying high volume video from encoding facilities to data centers; multiple backbone connections using BGP.
We’ll expect you to support, monitor and document the existing infrastructure, participate in new projects, help in enhancements of our network infrastructure and provide recommendations for architectural/ system/process improvements.
San Francisco Bay Area candidates only
- Manage current systems including Cisco routers and switches, 10GigE wide area links, Cisco ASA Firewall/IDS/IPS/VPN, and Production VoIP facilities using Cisco CM, CUBE with SIP, and Asterisk.
- Support of core network services, including SIP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP services. Support of production uses of media services, and CDNs used for delivery.
- Monitoring and load visualization facilities, currently based on Netflow/sFlow and SNMP protocols. We currently use SolarWinds for network infrastructure monitoring.
- Troubleshoot and analyze network issues using Wireshark, tracedumps etc.
- Routing processes (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP) and backbone connectivity in a multi-homed configuration.
- Address emerging requirements for services and capacity, designing and deploying network solutions. Engage and negotiate with data center, telco, infrastructure and security vendors.
- Security infrastructure, including IDS/IPS and vulnerability management using QUALYS and facilitate client security reviews.
- ITIL based Change Management in a framework that keeps all parties involved and informed including keeping network diagrams and procedural documentation up to date.
- Process improvement.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years progressively responsible network engineering/operations experience.
- Experience in a disciplined, high availability data center environment and data center relocations.
- Experience and knowledge of TCP/IP, IPsec, STP, HSRP, Inter-VLAN routing, and NAT.
- Experience with external and internal routing protocols, primarily: BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Understanding of Cisco switches and routers, including but not limited to: Cisco Catalyst, Nexus switches and ASR routers.
- Understanding of network and system security principles and techniques (e.g. separation of the Enterprise and Production network segments from a security standpoint.).
- Proficiency with Unix and Windows server environments; ability to handle scripting tasks common in system management applications (preferably python and shell).
- Willing to handle trouble at night (although the stability of the environment means calls are rare).
- Willing to handle maintenance at times that are driven by the availability requirements (occasional weekend change implementation).