Linux Systems Administrator
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
We are looking for an Unix / Linux Systems Administrator to help lead the build-out and growth of our Physical and Cloud-based data centers and provide input into the overall architecture for our infrastructure and operations. You will be responsible for installing, supporting, securing, and maintaining the server infrastructure in our data centers as well as monitoring and troubleshooting of the operational environment.
We want folks who can hit the ground running, who love getting their hands dirty and can solve complex problems and situations. Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask are a must. In short, if you are looking for an opportunity to not only make a significant contribution in a growing company, but also be part of a sharpshooting sys admin team that will help you grow in this field, ON24 is the place for you.
This position can be based out of Denver, CO or Charlotte, NC.
- RedHat / CentOS Linux System Administration
- Configuring and maintaining Linux Virtual Machines in VMWare, AWS, + Azure Environments
- Building and maintaining physical Linux Machines in Datacenter
- Working with Engineers for code releases/deployment/DevOps
- Bash/Python/Ansible scripts for automation and monitoring
- WebLogic/Apache Tomcat configuration
- NGINX Web Server/Proxy/Load Balancing
- Server virtualization using VMWARE, AWS, Azure
- Monitoring: Nagios/Prometheus
- Log aggregation and alerting using ELK
- Security/Access Control/Hardening
- Change Management in a framework that keeps all parties involved and informed
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Datacenter Tasks - racking/stacking/cabling/coordinating with remote hands/contractors
- 3+ years of Linux Systems Administration experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience with VMWare or other virtualization environments
- Experience with Cloud AWS and/or Azure deployment experience.
- Proficiency with RedHat/CentOS Linux environments
- Bash/Python scripting tasks common in system management applications
- Installing and Updating Linux RPM packages and compiling from source
- User management/securing/hardening servers
- File permissions and mounts, file transfer
- TCP/IP Networking
- Experience with NGINX, Apache Web Server, or similar technologies
- Experience with log aggregation and SIEM tools
- Experience in a high availability production environment
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be detail oriented, an organized thinker and able to work in demanding conditions.
- Willing to handle trouble after-hours (although the stability of the environment means calls are rare)
- Willing to handle maintenance at times that are driven by the availability requirements (occasional weekend change implementation)
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Integrity, Creativity, Intellectual Curiosity, High Standards, Persistence, and Achievement oriented.
- Team player and self motivated.
- A strong willingness to learn new skills and research and guide on new technologies
- BS degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Apache Tomcat / WebLogic or other JSP Servlet Containers
- Experience with Ansible or other automation technologies
- Experience with Docker or similar technologies
- Experience with software deployment and version control (Jenkins/Git/Perforce/etc.)
- Dell Server configuration with DRAC/iDRAC
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing technologies
- Experience with Backup and Storage technologies and concepts (NetBackup/NAS/etc.)
- Datacenter Experience installing and cabling hardware
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.