We are looking for a well-honed professional with experience in Finance to join our dynamic team and help support ON24's business on its rapid growth trajectory. Within the Finance organization, the Revenue team is involved in all aspects of the revenue cycle, from product set up, through deal structuring of non-standard deals, to revenue accounting, as well as forecasting and reporting.
If you are looking for a high-paced, highly rewarding career challenge, with lots of growth opportunity, this is the job for you:
The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for 3 big areas in the revenue process: First, as you might expect based on the job title, there is the aspect of closing the books. You will basically be making sure that revenue is properly deferred or released, checking for completeness and accuracy, and working closely with billers and customer success managers for unusual situations – specifically in regards to ON24’s Legacy product family. The main focus here is getting our close process done as quickly as possible, and in compliance with accounting rules.
Then there is the partnership with the business. As a revenue partner to the business, you will routinely be asked to provide advice on contract structure and billing details to the Billing Team, Revenue Team and the VP of Finance guidance. This entails close cross-functional collaboration with Legal, Sales, Operations and other Finance colleagues.
Lastly, and not in the least, we are envisioning making our processes as repeatable, efficient and scalable as possible. We are building an ability to give accurate advice and real time insights, supported by nimble operations that reflect the needs of the business. With that vision in mind, we are looking to maximize automation throughout the revenue cycle, partnering with sales operations and billing teams on capturing critical contractual components that drive revenue recognition, and continue to implement NetSuite as well as to soon beginning the implementation of RevPro – a revenue specific subledger. It is worth mentioning as well that ON24 is implementing the new revenue standard, 606, in order to be compliant by the end of 2019.
ON24 is moving from a service delivery model of revenue to subscription agreements & this role will be involved in providing guidance, reviewing novel contracting structures & be a business partner by bridging between Sales needs and technical accounting requirements.
- One of us:BS in Accounting/Finance or Business is required. CPA or equivalent preferred.
- You’re wise:Minimum of 2 years of experience. Some management experience would be a plus, even though the role is an individual contributor role. Exposure to ASC 605-25, ASC 985-605, ASC 606 (and all the related pronouncement like TPA’s 5100.38-76) and Sarbanes-Oxley experience are a big plus as well as experience with any ERP.
- You speak our language:Working knowledge of interacting in a Finance department context and ability to document one’s work.
- We get you and you get us: Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to communicate finance related issues in a business-like, non-technical manner is a basic requirement.
- You get it done:Excellent time and project management skills and can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Developed Excel skills are key.
- Hey! I’m flexible:Ability to work in a team environment, picking up where others need help, and being able to ask for help when it is needed.
- There is no I in Team: Works effectively across functions to resolve complex problems