Windows System Administrator
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.ON24 is looking for a responsible, technical, forward-thinking individual to fill our Windows Systems Administrator position at our San Francisco, CA office.
The Windows Systems Administrator will work collaboratively with multiple departments to successfully deploy and operate our Production systems, global systems and cloud systems within ON24. The focus will be installing, configuring, and troubleshooting technology problems related to production, and platform systems that support our global SaaS platform. He / She will be responsible for helping automate, streamline our production operations, and processes. Will work on building and maintaining tools for issue resolution, deployment and monitoring.
He / She will work with other IT staff members to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability of our infrastructure. This position requires an individual who is detail-oriented, able to adapt under stressful conditions, can multitask, possesses solid technical communication and customer service skills. Understanding and have a production-minded thought process is a requirement. Are you ready to work with an exciting technology stack with an awesome team?
- Responsible for the system lifecycle from development to operating of production systems.
- Participation in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment.
- Ongoing support of our global SaaS platform to unsure best customer experience.
- Prioritize, multitask and work on simultaneous projects within department.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the environment, help implement best practices, and improve our overall methodology.
- Work with other team members to deploy and maintain our on-prem infrastructure.
- Passionate about metrics and watching workloads.
- Provide tier 1 and 2 systems support for our production Windows deployments.
- On-call/off hours work will occasionally be required.
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability for our SaaS platform.
- BS degree or equivalent with 2-3 years of previous Windows System Administration or similar in a production like environment is required.
- Experience in supporting key components of production systems in a global SaaS environment is required.
- Experience in scaling workloads in a SaaS platform is required.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher and exposure to RHEL/Centos is required.
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, PowerCLI, and other scripting is required.
- Experience creating solid documentation is required.
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure, administration, and coding techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of monitoring, testing methodologies, performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques is preferred.
- Experience with VMware hypervisor is preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure, scalable, highly available infrastructures both on-premise and in AWS/Azure is preferred.
- Experience with streaming technologies is preferred.
- Experience with open source software and Ansible is preferred.
- Experience working with change control and IT policies is a plus.
- Experience with GPU technologies like CUDA and Intel Quick Sync is a plus.
- Hardware experience with mainstream manufactures such as Cisco, HP and Dell is a plus.
- Experience with Check_MK, Nagios, Munin and/or other monitoring solutions is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Patience and the ability to work with different teams and departments.
- Must be a detail-oriented and organized thinker who is goal-oriented with effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to work with Engineers to design, deploy and maintain our ON24 platform.
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.