Crop Claims Adjuster - Central Florida
Crop Claims Adjuster – Central Florida
Headquartered in New York City with offices throughout the U.S. and in Vancouver, Canada, Hudson is a market-leading specialty insurer that offers a wide range of property and casualty insurance products to corporations, professional firms and individuals through retailers, wholesalers and program administrators.
Hudson underwrites specialty primary and excess insurance on an admitted basis through Hudson Insurance Company and on a non-admitted basis through Hudson Specialty Insurance Company and Hudson Excess Insurance Company. Hudson Insurance Company is admitted in all U.S. jurisdictions. Hudson has surplus lines eligibility in all U.S. jurisdictions through Hudson Specialty Insurance Company and Hudson Excess Insurance Company.
Collectively known as Hudson Insurance Group, its companies are rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, Financial Size Category XV. Hudson Insurance Group is the U.S. Insurance Division of OdysseyRe, a leading worldwide underwriter of reinsurance and specialty insurance and wholly-owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.
Brief Description Preview
Responsible for completing field inspections, reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields and storage loss bins, and assessing damage or loss. Requires knowledge of insurance platforms, provisions of insurance, and procedures.
- Ability to understand and relay provisions and interpretations to policyholders and agents.
- Participate in company decision-making on industry topics and trainings
- Provide training and /or technical assistance to less experienced crop insurance adjusters.
- Provide input on assigning losses.
- Assist Area Claims Supervisor with claim load and status.
- Record facts and information to accurately determine indemnity.
- Other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Current, applicable state adjusting license, as required.
- Ability to work independently and provide sound judgment in the handling of all claims.
- Requires travel in assigned area, including overnight assignments.
- Computer skills are required, working effectively from an office in the home, when necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with employees, agents and policyholders.
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent