Respiratory Therapist Director / Respiratory Technician
Description: The role is responsible to independently perform all respiratory therapy interventions, taking into consideration patient’s best interest.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Therapy or equivalent qualification AND valid ACLS/PALS Certification
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience post certification as a Respiratory Therapist. NICU experience required
HAAD Passer or HAAD licensed Preferred
Therapists - with HOD/team lead experience in NICU
Technician - good NICU experience. Kindly note technicians work under the supervision of therapists
- Performs respiratory care procedures as per established policy and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for operating autonomously, utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Monitors patient responses and modifies therapies based on clinical/physiologic assessments and in consultation with physicians
- Reads and evaluates physicians’ orders. Applies mechanical ventilator support of patients and monitors patient’s response
- Modifies ventilator management to meet patient needs, based on clinical assessment, physiologic monitoring, and laboratory data and in consultation with the physician
- Participates in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary diseases
- Assists the physician and Code Team in cardiac / respiratory arrest situations as request
- Provides advanced emergency airway care according to approved protocol
- Assists with pulmonary diagnostic procedures as required
- Provides user-maintenance and troubleshooting of Respiratory Care equipment
- Assesses and orders appropriate materials/equipment as per established guidelines.
- Ensures that, written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with established guidelines