Obstetric-Gynecology Consultant/Sr. Specialist (Arabic Speaking Females ONLY)
Requirements: Female candidates ONLY
Education: Board Certified/MRC/MD/MS in Ob-Gyne
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience post registration
License: from all countries of practice
Description: The OB/Gyn physician will provide professional Obstetrical and Gynecological medical and surgical services for patients at Oasis Hospital; He/she will supervise and coordinate obstetric/gynecologic services provided for patients at Oasis Hospital; He/she will supervise and evaluate medical and nursing staff of OB/GYN Department, and perform medically related and administrative duties as required
Principal duties and responsibilities:This may not include all of the duties assigned
- Outpatient Clinics:
- The OB/GYN provides prenatal and postnatal care; obtains complete medical, family and obstetrical history and physical data on OB patients and reviews patient records. Does normal GYN care and preventative medicine
- Treats diseases and injuries of female reproductive system
- Preparing and reviewing case histories and obtaining data through interviews.
- Performs an obstetrical exam including limited ultra sound and records findings. Assesses patients and prepares a plan of care.
- Orders, evaluates and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as required.
- Sees walk in patients and UCC referrals.
- Appropriate Documentation.
- Inpatient Ward:
- Rounds in the ward on assigned shifts as applicable. Maintains and updates SBAR handover sheet.
- Appropriate documentation.
- Operating Room:
- Directs nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care such as administering sedatives, prescribing diets, and preparing operative area of patients.
- Performs appropriate surgical procedures as privileged and treats patients with postoperative complications.
- Labour and Delivery:
- Supervises the nurses, midwives, and specialist/GP as required
- Performs normal and instrumental deliveries in maternity cases. OB emergencies, treatment of intrauterine fetal demise, incomplete spontaneous abortion, missed abortion, treatment of pregnancy complications.
- Evaluate and prepare the patient for Cesarean section and perform or assist the surgery.
- Outside clinic:
- You may be asked to participate in satellite clinics
- Participate in partner clinics
- Assist or consult with outside physicians working at Oasis Hospital