The Radiology Specialist makes and interprets diagnostic images; performs special procedures; manages radiological services.
- Education: Medical doctor degree with specialization course in radiology
- Duration and type of Experience: Minimum 3 years' related experience post qualification.
- Makes and interprets diagnostic images.
- Reviews requests for x-ray, nuclear radiology, ultrasound, and other diagnostic imaging procedures, and determines applicability of requested procedures.
- Interview patients as necessary, and records supplementary data.
- Instructs radiologic personnel in desired techniques, positions, and projections.
- Interprets images and confers with medical and dental officers regarding diagnoses of cases.
- Prepares comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
- Performs special procedures.
- Recommends and performs special imaging procedures, including, ultrasound, with limitations of available resources and expertise.
- Determines need for referral of cases that are not within local capability.
- Performs and interprets procedures, and prepares comprehensive interpretive report of findings.
- Manages radiological services.
- Formulates plans and procedures for radiological services. Coordinates radiological services with other medical activities. Determines capability of available resources, and advises regarding future needs.
- Assures adequate quality control of images.
- Establishes and enforces standards for protection of patients and personnel.
- Schedules examinations and assigns radiologic personnel. Advises on kind and quantity of radiological supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the delivery of graduate medical education in radiology. Serves as consultant in radiology.
- Weekly 48 hours as contracted.
- To participate in a clinical schedule that embraces extended hours actual start/finish times to be worked in accordance with the published roster.
- The Radiology Specialist will be required to complete the SAT program as well as attend any computer sessions and/or training courses as appropriate for services within Oasis Hospital.
- Develop and maintain high standards of competency in skills, knowledge, acquired attitudes and behavior and shall work within current legislative and employers’ frameworks.
- Actively engage in learning in a constant process of development through the integration of Continuing Professional Development in your day to day practice. CME is a requirement for Renewal of DOH License