Complex Care Team Nurse Practitioner
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Complex Care Team Nurse Practitioner
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Complex Care Team Nurse Practitioner will immediately become an important contributor to the Oak Street Health team. We provide primary care to older adults in under-resourced communities. This role will support the development and expansion of our home-based care initiatives, under the guidance of the Director of the NP/PA Program and in collaboration with our clinic-based care teams. This is a special opportunity to ensure the most vulnerable patients are well-cared for, even when they cannot come to clinic.
Core functions include:
- Conduct home visits for complex patients according to defined pathways, including patients with limited mobility and patients leaving the hospital or SNF
- Identify gaps in care and opportunities to support our sickest patients
- Collaborate with PCPs, social workers, clinic staff, outside facilities, and specialists
- Ensure clinical excellence, compliance with regulatory guidelines, and promotion of the
- Oak Street Health care model
What we’re looking for:
- Genuine passion for primary care and reaching under-resourced communities
- Strong clinical skills focused on older adults with complex disease states
- Home care experience (RN or APN) preferred
- Desire to be a part of a fast-paced, innovative, quality-driven organization
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to professionally navigate high levels of ambiguity and change
- State APN and RN license in good standing (including US work authorization if applicable)
- 1+ years APN experience, preferably with our population
- Own car, with valid license, insurance, and good driving record
- Flexibility to travel around the local market Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and EMRs
- A great attitude
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other workplaces, including:
Generous benefits, including above market salary, paid vacation and health and dental benefits.
Brand new, beautiful working environment.
Supportive and fun culture.
High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement.
Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare.
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.