Company: Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Phlebotomists are an integral part of Oak Street Health’s Clinical teams. High levels of flexibility, attention to detail, initiative and problem solving are required to be successful in this role. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health patients and team members. Phlebotomists work closely and collaboratively with their teammates and will be expected to assist in assessing patients’ health conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during appointments.
- Perform routine laboratory and diagnostic testing during appointments at our centers
- Greet and escort patients to and from the laboratory
- Collect blood and other biological specimen
- Ensure laboratory orders are properly entered into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Greenway and properly linked to lab provider sites (Quest, MACL, Labcorp)
- Assist patients with signing Advanced Beneficiary Notices
- Properly confirm orders, label, process, and store specimens for pick-up service by our laboratory partners
- Adhere to all compliance and regulatory requirements including being a champion of HIPAA compliance and CLIA waived site best practices
- Train and assist team members for covering the lab in the event of PTO or absence
- Document patient conditions and visits as appropriate in our EMR
- Follow all safety, quality, and cleanliness protocols and champion new protocols
- Coordinate with our laboratory partner to order lab supplies and manage inventory
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Manager including but not limited to; rooming patients, collecting medical records, assisting patients with scheduling referrals and diagnostic orders
Phlebotomists report to the RN Supervisor
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced phlebotomist with:
- Certification of Phlebotomy Technician
- (preferred certifications/ programs: American Certification Agency (ACA) CPT, American Medical Technologists (AMT) RPT, American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) PBT, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) PC, National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) NCPT, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) CPT, National Phlebotomy Association (NPA) CPT).
- CPR Certification required
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Familiarity with Quest Diagnostics procedures and computer-based lab system preferred
- 2 or more years of experience performing blood draws on geriatric patients
- EMR experience
- High level of technological savvy and proficiency in Google suite products
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
- What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other healthcare companies, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of our co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers