Family Practice Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can help keep them healthy and reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people across the nation. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about our mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
Our care teams in the retail setting will include an NP/PA and Medical Assistant, and will see patients 18 months and older. At Oak Street Health NP/PAs are an integral member of our Care Teams. NP/PAs see patients independently within the limits of their license and applicable laws. NP/PAs provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps our patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan.
- Provision of exceptional primary care
- Office visits for routine and acute issues
- Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, agencies
- Population health leadership, in coordination with the Care Team (e.g., making sure applicable patients get their evidence-based breast cancer screening every 2 years)
- Phone triage and outreach
- Patient education
- Other duties as assigned
This role reports to the Practice Manager and works closely with the Oak Street Health Physicians Group, P.C. leadership.
What we’re looking for
- Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants with experience in primary care: internal medicine, or family medicine.
- Experience with risk adjustments and/or home assessments.
- Understands HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
- Active, non-probationary state license.
- Genuine passion for primary care.
- Intrinsically motivated.
- Embrace teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- Want to be a part of an innovative model focused on empirically-guided population health.
- Spanish language skills are strongly preferred, depending on clinic location.
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other workplaces, including:
- Generous benefits, paid vacation and health and dental benefits.
- Brand new, beautiful working environment.
- Supportive and collaborative culture.
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare.
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.