Race Scoring Operative (Part-Time)
Running events are at the center of what we do. NYRR is seeking weekend help in executing some of the world’s premier road races.
Race Scoring Operatives work on-site with the event’s scoring manager to ensure accurate results, and the tracking of each runner in a timely and efficient manner. The Scoring Operative will gain insight into current RFID (radio frequency identification) systems through the lens of the running industry. Experience a running race from the other perspective working a part of a team with a flair for information technology.
- Set-up and breakdown of timing equipment at assigned locations; start, finish, splits
- Monitor timing equipment ensuring systems are functioning properly
- Adhere to event logistics timelines
- Coordinate with other event staff in the set-up and breakdown of event areas
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically under pressure
- Interest in event production
- Interest in technology and equipment
- Availability to work early shifts on weekends for prolonged hours; i.e. 3:30am – 11:00am, mostly within Central Park, some races vary by borough, including Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 for the TCS New York City Marathon
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer