Manager, Technical Signage (Experiential)
About the Department
The Experiential Events team is responsible for the execution of hospitality, media operations, entertainment production, signage, expo, and experiential events for all events in the NYRR portfolio. As a member of this team, this position will have an opportunity to support or lead in functions outside the key drafting and signage role. This team works together to make sure the end result is a first-class presentation with concentration on client and customer satisfaction, while making sure all partner and brand obligations are fulfilled.
About the Position
This position will report to the Director, Experiential Events, and will be responsible for the drafting and layout designs of complex event sites. In this role, the Manager, Experiential Events will also be a key liaison for the events team, working with the NYRR creative services team on planning and management of branded signage and elements for events.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Serve as a key member of the experiential events team, supporting concept creation, ideation, brainstorming and advancement across all platforms.
- Own and create standard operating procedures as they relate to signage deployment, site design, layout, and wayfinding.
- Primary drafter and 2D/3D renderer for weekly races and marquee events. Work throughout the year with area leads to maintain and update layouts for our race and event venues. NYRR event sites vary from city streets and parks, to hotel ballrooms and private spaces.
- Serve as liaison between the Events Department and Creative Services team on the operational management of signage and branding elements for all NYRR events. Work with the creative team to develop a cohesive look and feel across the event, while incorporating fresh ideas and signage design plans, making sure events remain current with the industry.
- Support in production of brand and partner activations surrounding marquee events, providing design concepts or renderings of potential ideas to pitch to both internal and external partners as needed.
- Liaise with key events team members for submission of all floorplans for building and assembly permits.
- Work with the team to contract and manage signage install vendors for marquee and premier race events.
- Maintain project timelines, ensuring that the event planning aligns to creative services deadlines. Confidently communicate and manage timelines to key stakeholders.
- Support the team on execution of experiential events and roles as needed.
- Collaborate with Event Staffing team in the recruitment, training and assignment of part-time, seasonal and temporary staff to support experiential team at events.
- 3-5 years’ experience in live-event environment, ideally in a creative production/agency role.
- Knowledge of signage design and production process, including common outdoor/indoor event signage hardware, substrates, and best practices.
- CAD and 2D drafting and rendering a must, preferred skill in 3D rendering (must provide examples of work)
- Ability to manage to multiple budgets and provide detailed analysis and reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to lift heavy equipment greater than 25lbs.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment; ability to manage part-time staff.
- Focused attention to detail. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player able to work positively in high-stress, on-site environments. Shift seamlessly from event management to customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer