Prospect Research (Contract, 1 year)
Reporting to the Director, Development and Philanthropy the Prospect Research Assistant Manager serves as a member of the NYYR Development and Philanthropy Team. The Prospect Researcher will provide in-depth research services and prospect management in support of NYRR fundraising and philanthropic membership goals.
- Develop a proactive prospect identification process & guidelines to grow the NYRR prospect pool from annual donors, members, runners and others.
- Use a variety of data sources to compile information and prepare qualitative research reports to assess the giving ability of prospective donors both domestic and international.
- Draft research documents assessing the giving capacity of prospective donors combined with affinity for NYRR programs.
- Prepare documents including wealth assessments, research profiles, meeting briefings, and event briefings for senior leadership and development staff.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Development team:
- Assist with reactive research from Major Gifts and Principal Gifts teams.
- Assist the team with preparation of background documents for Board meetings and events.
- Supervise interns and part time staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in field relevant to research activities of department or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in prospect research required, preferably in higher education, hospital or major cultural institution.
- Experience with proactive research and prospect identification preferred.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and write detailed reports in a high-volume department required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines essential.
- Ability to work effectively with large, diverse group of development officers to achieve department and fundraising goals essential.
- Knowledge of computer databases and Internet resources used for prospect research required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Capacity to work as a team member is essential.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer