Human Resources Coordinator
About the Department
Our Human Resources department supports the staff at NYRR in numerous ways, including managing recruiting efforts, providing benefits, managing performance and compensation, providing opportunities for professional training and development, and employee relations. The HR team works closely with each department to understand their specific needs and works to meet those needs. The department ensures that NYRR provides an environment in which employees can innovate and succeed in their positions.
About the Position
The human resource coordinator supports and facilitates the human resource processes throughout the organization. This role provides administrative support to the human resource team across all functional areas as needed, including recruitment, training and development, benefits administration, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, and internal communications.
- Address employee concerns via online HR support network (Zendesk) by assigning requests to the appropriate person.
- Manage interview scheduling internally and externally.
- Post open jobs internally and externally.
- Provide support with benefits administration, reconciling benefits statements, employee background checks, and processing of new hires and terminations.
- Assist with new employee orientations.
- Assist with coordinating training and development annual calendar. This includes booking conference rooms, preparing materials, and tracking attendance.
- Maintain confidential personnel files online.
- Assist employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the department with HR projects and coordination of internal events.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
Skills and Attributes:
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of employees
- High level attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge with an HRIS system
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Extremely flexible, highly organized, and able to easily shift priorities
- A minimum of 2 years of Human Resources, or related, experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree; Human Resources preferred
- Ability to work 3 large weekend events throughout year
- Passionate about our mission
- Interest in health and well being
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer