About the Department
The legal department is responsible for providing legal advice and expertise in a variety of areas, including business transactions, litigation, compliance, and risk management. The legal department also manages the negotiation of contracts and participates in the development of organizational policies and procedures.
About the Position
NYRR’s legal department is seeking an intern to assist with daily legal issues as they arise in addition to undertaking longer term research assignments that require strong legal research and writing skills. Subject matter encountered during the course of the internship may include, but are not limited to, contract law, intellectual property, sports law, privacy law and compliance. The intern will report directly to NYRR’s Deputy General Counsel and may be asked to provide legal analysis directly to NYRR’s General Counsel from time to time.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Assist legal department with daily issues as they arise, including short-term legal research and writing assignments.
- Complete one (1) to (3) long term legal assignments during internship, including a presentation on at least one of the long-term assignments.
Skills and Attributes:
- Interest in learning about the role and responsibilities of in-house counsel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work collaboratively or individually
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous legal experience preferred (e.g. legal internship, paralegal experience, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree
- Currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer