Part-Time Event Associate, Event Operations
Our Event Development and Production department develops and produces NYRR events from concept all the way through execution in a way that fulfills NYRR’s mission. NYRR produces 60 races per year, in addition to the TCS New York City Marathon, and additional events within each race. The events team is responsible for physical site management, television and video production, city and community board relationship management, volunteer management, hospitality and special events, and managing our Warehouse and all race collateral.
Part Time Event Associate, Event Operations
This position will report to the Manager of Event Staffing & Training, and at events will report to the Event Manager and/or the Area Lead(s). This position is responsible for providing on-site operational support and volunteer coordination for NYRR events including the TCS New York City Marathon. NYRR races are held most weekends throughout the year.
This position is for weekend work only. There are limited opportunities for additional work during race expos at our major events throughout the year.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assist NYRR Event Managers and staff with the build-out of the event start, finish, course, and festival areas at weekly races
- Assist with organizing volunteers at races and events. Must be comfortable working with new people on a regular basis
- Excellent customer service approach and positive attitude are a must
- Ability to comprehend logistics documents
- Responsible for crowd control and public interaction. Must be very vocal, outgoing, and willing to direct volunteers, participants and the general public
- Responsible for dealing with event participants, spectators, staff, and the general public in a courteous, professional manner that represents NYRR well at all times
- Responsible for reporting NYRR rule violations, and medical emergencies at events
- This is a weekend position with long hours (typically from 4am – 1pm; may vary based on event and/or position) and the ability to be on your feet, outside in the elements for the duration of the shift is a must
- Event experience preferred, but not required, preferably in the sports and/or entertainment industries, including strong logistical/operational background.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. Must be proactive, responsible, attentive, hardworking and professionally courteous to all runners, spectators and pedestrians
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds of equipment
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer