Youth Events Support, Part-Time
About the Department
Though best known for producing road races, NYRR is also the largest non-profit provider of youth fitness programming in New York City and a growing leader nationally. Working towards the vision of –making running a part of every child's school day,” the Youth and Community Services (YCS) Department develops, distributes, administers, and supports an evolving portfolio of youth running programs and resources used by schools and community centers throughout New York City and nationwide. Collectively, our –train and support the trainer” model will enable us to serve more than 150,000 youth in approximately 1,000 schools this year, bringing the benefits of running and the culture of physical activity to sites, predominantly in low-income communities, in all 50 states. In addition, YCS supports health fairs and related activities which focus on adult and senior wellness in communities citywide, and leads senior walks in target NYC neighborhoods.
About the Position
The Youth Events Support position provides on-site logistics assistance to more than 70 youth events per year, each serving 100-2,500 or more participants.
- Perform specific duties as assigned at each event. Duties may include t-shirt, ribbon, or water distribution, officials' assistance and clerking, registration, results, marshaling, and crowd management.
- Help with the set-up and breakdown of the event.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to follow directions and execute them properly
- Ability to lift and move event equipment as needed
- Initiative to work independently while simultaneously maintaining a team focus
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations is essential
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our Youth Services mission
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Experience in running at any level, including recreational, is preferred
- Currently enrolled or have completed an Undergraduate degree.
- Travel frequently to various locations throughout NYC on day of events
- Work several weekend days throughout the year with early morning start times and/or several weekday early mornings from March-June, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer