Marketing Manager Products
About the Department
New York Road Runner’s Brand Marketing and Communications is charged with managing the organization’s creative services, editorial, advertising, and digital operations. The team’s efforts build upon NYRR’s recent brand initiative and Run for Life platform as the organization seeks to tell the bigger NYRR story of huge positive impact; our ongoing focus on broadening our engagement with runners of all types; our efforts to strengthen our alignment with, and support of, our corporate partners; and our opportunity to unlock the power of our community in supporting our youth- and cause-related efforts.
About the Position
The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the strategy development, management, and execution of marketing plans that achieve the organization's annual goals. The primary objective of this position is to build equity and drive acquisition for current and new NYRR running and training products, with strong focus on technology-driven offerings. This position interacts primarily with NYRR’s Runner Products & Services department, but also engages with Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, Strategic Planning & Organizational Operations, Finance, and other key functional areas. The ideal candidate demonstrates a passion for NYRR and its mission, events, products and programs. Experience in the fitness and wellness industry is a plus.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Markets NYRR's running and training products and programs by developing and implementing integrated strategic marketing and communication campaigns that resonate with diverse audiences in the U.S. and abroad;
- Mining actionable consumer insights and identifying new trends and product ideas; tracking performance data; business planning; project management;
- Preparing performance data reports and presentations; providing general management assistance to the marketing team.
- Serve as marketing lead for Runner Products & Services department initiatives and other current products.
- Responsible for driving the planning & execution of marketing plans including digital communication, media, promotion, and activations. Lead the collaboration with internal teams to drive awareness, registration, increase engagement, and deliver against project goals.
- Identify actionable consumer insights and new industry trends to drive innovation across current offerings and new product development.
- Manager develops marketing and communication campaigns by briefing projects, acquiring and disseminating brand assets; preparing marketing and communication strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing presentations; updating calendars
- Manage multiple internal & external agency resources – brand design, media, research, etc.
- Tracks and reports marketing and communications performance.
- Plans meetings by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments.
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- 3-5 years of related marketing experience on property, agency or brand side
- Minimum of 3 years leading and executing marketing projects
- Experience in marketing of technology-driven products or services
- Experience in the sports, fitness, or entertainment industries is a plus.
Education & Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other similar field of study
Skills and Attributes:
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Deadline-focused and problem solver
- Able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- High standards of personal integrity and ethic
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer